Art of Desire Workshop


I recently had an AMAZING opportunity to attend a 2-day workshop called The Art of Desire by a lady named Jennifer Finlayson-Fife who is a licensed psychotherapist who specializes on the topic of women's sexuality, especially LDS women's sexuality. 

Now you are probably wondering how in the world I got roped into attending something like this...Let me explain, no there is to much, let me sum up!

It was all McKay's parents. They realized they knew very little on the topic in the early stages of marriage and child raising and they are trying to make up for it by making sure all their children have a solid foundation going into marriage. I have been blessed beyond words for what they have found, and for how they have taught McKay.

My in-laws discovered Dr. Finlayson-Fife through a book named, "And They Were Not Ashamed." The author of the book frequently quotes Dr. Finlayson-Fife and I guess that's when they decided to do more research on her. To make a long story short, McKay's dad found out that she would be doing a workshop here in Draper, Utah! (She is from the East Coast). So he signed the four of us girls up (Marissa, Maddie, mother-in-law and I) right away.

So that's why, last Thursday, I found myself sitting in a class with my in laws learning about sex. Haha!

I had no idea what to expect. By the end of the workshop Dr. Finlayson-Fife had knocked my socks off! I was blown away with how she addressed the topic. Only because she helped me realize things that I have never even considered before. In some ways every way, I walked away from that class with a complete paradigm shift.

I have a feeling that a lot of my future blog posts will be written on thoughts from that workshop...there was just so much to be gained from the whole class. I wish every women in the world could have been there!
 
As one person said, 

"If you ever have a chance to attend one of Dr. Finlayson-Fife's 'Art of Desire' Workshops, move heaven and earth to make it happen.  She is incredible!"

Amen! Amen!


Evidence that I was there!

And the book I referenced that I highly recommend!


Comments