Of Resolutions and Things



In all openness, 2017 was not my finest year.

Which maybe is something that would be a surprise to you considering I was just fresh off my mission and ready to take on life. But it didn't go quite like I had imaged and that wasn't a good thing. Granted every return missionary potentially struggles to find themselves after serving 18 - 2 years in one of the most purposeful pursuits of their life. And I certainly was not exempt from that struggle.

With that being said though, last year soon became one of the best years of my entire life. As one famous author once said,

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

As a new year begins our minds are all turned to thoughts of, "How can I be better this next year?" I don't know if it's just me but come January 1st I feel absolutely no different than I did 24 hours ago. Technically nothing changes, the world continues to keep revolving the exact same way it always has. But because the calendar is set back to square one a sense of starting over happens for all of us. And thank God for second chances, for letting us start over when we've fallen and for blessing us with opportunities that we as humans sometimes try and screw up when left to ourselves.

I couldn't feel more blessed for a new year, and although I could come up with a list of probably a hundred different resolutions for myself to improve upon this coming year, there is only one I really care about and that is strengthening my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ because I know that all else will fall into proper place if I get my priorities straight.

 So here is to new beginnings!

I am, however, so grateful for what made last year the best of my life and that is getting married to my best friend. I have honestly never been happier than I have with McKay these past 4 months (6 if you count our dating haha). My husband, and the relationship I have with him is the best thing I will ever carry over from year to year. So thank you 2017 for bringing me McKay.

And a few highlights from the last year. Sorry I LOVE pictures.


First car! Got a great deal and was able to pay for it all up front.

First time mountain biking as moabite. Don't know why it took me 21 years!

Dinner at Zax's with B&B/5 Mile friends

Service project with YSA

Attended the wedding of the daughter of one of my converts on the mission

Locked my keys in the car while in Idaho with my two patient friends

Became a consultant for Mary Kay

Starter kit & apartment at the time


Quality time with my family




Very beginning of our dating


First trip to Moab with McKay to meet the parents

Goofing off before a dinner date


First time going to the temple together. A very special day.

Country Fan Fest with Maddie and Jeff (McKay was at home getting ready to propose to me)


We're engaged!


Traveling to Texas for Mary Kay Seminar the day after McKay proposed

My hotel room

Working on posing with a pink Cadillac



Engagement pictures



Newly weds!








Thanksgiving. Horseriding: one of Mine and McKay's favorite hobbies.

Thanksgiving spend in St. George



Baking Christmas treats in my little kitchen


Christmas eve with my hubby. First Christmas together! See post: Merry Christmas!




Comments