I Love You a "Waffle" Lot!

I must say, I love being married to someone who adores my sense of humor and cheesiness.

For Valentine's day McKay surprised me with a dozen roses (which may seem like such a main stream thing to do, but I honestly love receiving flowers!) and wrote me a wonderful card/letter that melted my heart. He wasn't going to get home until 7:30 that night so he had everything set up for me when I would arrive home from work. Along with his sweet gifts to me he also cleaned the house and did the dishes! Like, that's just about the greatest thing you could do for me right now because I feel like I spend so much time doing that on my own to keep my house in order, and all bright and clean. McKay tries his best to help me when he can but he's a busier man than me (for one because I am not a man), and well anyways, my heart gives a sigh of relief when I open the door after a long day of work to find a clean home. Which is a miracle in and of itself because my heart doesn't have lungs.

I personally love parties! Like give me any reason in the year to hang streamers and ballons and I will do it! So naturally upon arriving home I set to work decorating our house with red streamers and a pink ballon (because that's all I had) to surprise McKay when he got home. Because surprises are always the best! And then I got to work on making waffles for dinner because that would be a fun change to our typical hamburgers and hotdogs. And because I needed the Valentines card I was making for him to be extra applicable. You have to realize, I really thought this all out...

After creating my little masterpiece of a card, decorating the whole house, and starting on our scrumptious meal, McKay walked in the door. Which was perfect timing because he still had some homework to do and I had to finish dinner. 

The best part is watching his eye's lite up when he sees everything I did in order for us to have a fun evening together!

And I might add that it WAS a very fun evening together from eating the delicious waffles, from laughing over my silly humor and many other things (which I won't write about). ;)

Happy Valentine's Day to all! <3











Comments