Sunshine on Cloudy Days



You know, I have just had some things happen recently that have been so sweet and I just wanted to acknowledge them on my blog :)

First off, I just want to say that I love McKay so much. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. The short story I am about to tell is just one of the things that proves how wonderful he is to me.

Last Friday for date night we went out to eat at this super cute little restaurant called SpudToddos. It was delish! That's not what the story is about though haha The story is about what happened the next day. It all started while we were on our way to SpudToddos. I was driving my car and out of the blue the brakes started making terrible sounds! It was rather nerve racking driving my car with the brakes not sounding normal as if they would give out any second and I would have no brakes at all! I had McKay drive on the way home just in case.

The next morning we drove my car over to his families house so he could check it out and see if he could fix it. I stayed in doors and read my book! McKay set to work on my car even though it was a very chilly day. Hours went by and he was still working on my car. I even went grocery shopping and did some chores at home but he still wasn't done yet. Truth is, he was running into lots of problems with my tires and brakes and bolts and who knows what else. It then eventually started snowing and whenever I went out I couldn't stay more than just a few minutes before I started freezing. Ha McKay was able to finally change all the brakes on my car however, what he had come to realize was that somehow (McKay explained it to me but I didn't understand) only the back left brake was doing all the work. Yeah! It had COMPLETELY worn down to the metal (hence the terrible noise) and yet all the other brakes had lots of life in them! Well McKay fixed that too so that ALL my brakes would be working and it wouldn't just be the one.

Yeah, my brakes had issues and whoever had done them last did some weird stuff. They are all good now though! And that's why I just love McKay so much because he didn't delay in getting my car fixed and he spent his whole Saturday to do so even when it started snowing and was so cold.

I always feel like I am in good hands when McKay is around and I am so grateful for everything he does for me!



---

The second story I want to acknowledge happened a couple weeks ago while McKay and I were out running errands. I was by no means having serious issues or struggles but we got onto a topic that I had some pretty tender feelings about and well anyways needless to say there were a lot of tears and apparently I looked pretty distrait. I thought I was being discreet about the excessive emotions that were coming out of me while we sat in our car but apparently in a Costco parking lot on a Saturday afternoon there isn't much privacy to be had and well anyways I came to realize that later on when a lady came tapping on my window with a big bouquet of tulips she had just bought from Costco. She told me she saw that I was sad and that she bought these flowers for me to comfort me and that she hopped my day would get better.

I was kind of just left in awwwh after she left cuz nobody has ever done that for me and I certainly am not someone to broadcast my emotions to get attention and yet somehow in a quick passing this lady had observed, acted and then drove away in her car without much fan fare and I thought for sure some camera men were going to come out from behind the other cars and the next thing I would know was that I was on the TV show "Random Acts" because I thought for sure her gesture of service was rather deserving (Thank goodness nothing of the sort happened though).

In all serious now, It really did mean a lot to me and I was so grateful for that lady who took notice of me and felt like I deserved a bouquet of flowers to cheer me up. What a sweet act of service, huh?

McKay was my ray of sunshine when the weather was cold and snowy, and this lady was my ray of sunshine when my feelings were down and depressed :)



Comments