Not the Brightest Crayon in the Box

Ya know, it's been months since I washed my car. Like months. I figured through all the uncertain weather of winter and spring there is no use is being consistent because no sooner than you wash your car it snows or rains and it looks dirty all over again.

The weather has been so sunny and bright lately and my car has been so dirty, that last Saturday I decided, "Today's the day!" And while McKay was out dirt biking with one of his friends I drove my little car over to one of those do it yourself car washes and began the process. 

Now, you have to realize, it's been awhile since I've used one of these car washes. Infact, the last time my car was washed it was practically half a year ago at this same car wash. Yep, I still remember the day! It was the Monday after McKay and I were married. The car was a mess (as you can imagine) with whipped cream, cookies and who knows what else smeared all over it. I took it to the self clean car wash to make it spic and span. But that's beside the point! Don't let me get me distracted.

As I was saying, the point is, it had been awhile and since this was only my second time using one of these car washes I was not up to speed with how everything works. So I get to the paying machine and decide to use quarters instead of my card. It requires a minimum of 8 quarters to run this thing so I dutifully slide each one in. Once it was up and running I then had the task of choosing which option out of 12 I wanted to use. This step really should have been done before the quarters we're inserted because now my time was ticking down. I guess out of panick I chose one of the first options I see, a degreaser. 

"Aww yes," I thought to myself, "my car could use a good degreasing today!" ...and now here is where we can pause for a moment of silence for this marked the beginning of all the stupid choices I made that day. 

2 minutes later from that moment you would have found me spraying away at my car windows with a degreaser. I mean come on, who knows, my windows might've been really greasy!! Once I had successful and thoroghly sprayed my entire car down with a degreaser it then occurred to me that maybe a degreaser wasn't the best choice...so I went over to the options and saw one that said something like "heavy pressure soap" or something. Okay so I am getting warmer! I then begin to spray my car down with soap, but the whole time I am thinking to myself, "I really need a brush to scrub my car down with because spraying soap and degreaser all over it really isn't getting the dirt off..." Of course at this point my time runs out and my $2 worth of time is gone. So to the debit card I go! Only this time I pin pointed where the soap brush was so I could actually scrub my car. The problem with using the card is that the car wash doesn't stop until you say it to so you could go for hours! I again thoroghly scrubbed my entire car down with soap and then decided it was time to rinse it. So I switched it to the rinse setting and had at it. This actually took a lot longer than I thought it should but that didn’t deter me! Once I was done with the first rinse I decided I needed to rinse it again only tho time with spot free water to avoid water marks. I began spraying again but found the water was coming out pathetically slow for a spot free power rinse. When I was just seconds from being done I then realized there was a handle I was suppose to pull back for the full amount of water to come out. So not only was I excessive in my car washing choices, I also took 2x as long as I should have because I didn’t notice the handle...

I finally ended by car washing escapade and found that my total sum for that car wash was nearing $10! :'(

The sad reality is that only the next day it began raining and now my car looks no better off then it did the day before. Oh wow, I'm so glad I  spent $10 for my car to be clean for a day! Here's to $10 down the drain (literally!)...

But I mean hey, at least my windows are degreased!


Comments