Weekend Bachelorette

Sometimes I think to myself, “I wonder what it would be like to be single again?”

The next thought that usually follows is, “I could buy all the healthy food and clothes I want to.” Haha

McKay and I are coming up on our 2 year anniversary. I can count on one hand how many days we have been apart in those two years.

This weekend McKay was asked to go on a over night Boy Scout back packing trip. I knew I would miss him, but I also got a little excited knowing I would have the whole house to myself, and do whatever I wanted with no interruption.

Well to make the story short, I felt that way for about an hour after he left and then I mostly just missed him. Haha I thought to myself, “I’m sure glad I’m not single!”

To pass the time I went to the local library, applied for a library card (something I haven’t possessed in what feels like 10 years), and spent several hours exploring the bookshelves. I find whenever McKay leaves for longer than a day I sooner or later find myself in a public place because the silence and emptiness of my house feels incredibly lonely. For example, last time McKay was away, I spent the evening walking up and down the isles of wal-mart until 10:00 at night. Haha

In the end. I may get excited about  a weekend to myself, but as soon as McKay leaves I realize how much life and love he brings to my life and the sudden loss is always noticeably felt.

Thanks McKay for bringing so much purpose and meaning into my life. You are my greatest treasure.

Now I’m off to go shopping so I can buy all the healthy food and clothes I want!

Just kidding ;)



Comments